Artificial Intelligence and Programmatic Advertising
Programmatic advertising emerged in 1990 with the introduction of the first banner, helping brands achieve scalable results such as conversions, engagement and knowledge.
This digital marketing strategy consists broadly in appearing in the media to find target audiences. Both advertisers (who buy advertising space) and publishers (who sell advertising space) can optimize results.
Since the amount of advertising space on the web is overwhelming, it's easier to reach that target if the purchase is scheduled through an automated auction system (RTB).
Today, this tool has evolved driven by technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and deep learning. These technologies transform and assist the way we work, bringing significant changes and improvements to digital marketing and advertising, helping brands to understand and engage their audience with personalized digital advertising.
What is artificial intelligence?
AI is the effort to replicate or simulate human thinking and intelligence in machines, so that they can perform activities with the same analysis and decision making based on handling a large amount of data. It helps save time, streamlines the campaign process and captures all digital advertising performance in one technology platform.
The algorithms that make up AI are machine learning, and learn from patterns they find, adapting to them in real time. This makes it very appropriate for the programmatic advertising environment.
Profit of AI in programmatic advertising
01. Improved productivity and personalisation
AI collects and organises a large amount of data from each user who visits a website. This data can be used to segment different audiences and also to show more personalised and relevant content to each user.
02. Increases ROI
AI can help advertisers determine the right price for the ad space they want to buy, reducing spend and increasing ROI. It can also help determine which advertisers are most likely to be successful with their bids for ad space, which benefits publishers by limiting the bidding to only the most appropriate space.
03. It analyses a large amount of data
Data processing is performed at high speed, automatically adjusting ads to the demands and characteristics of each consumer, such as a customer's browsing history, past interactions with ads, at the right time. This allows us to increase the profitability of campaigns and improve targeting and bidding strategies.
04. Sentiment analysis and content awareness
Thanks to AI, it is possible to identify the mood of the customer who is about to see an ad and the possibility that they will respond to it. In order to understand this better, it could be used in the following ways:
- Out-of-home advertising displays (DOOH): identifies customer mood through facial analysis, helping to modify ad content in real time based on mood.
- Using NLP: natural language processing, a component of AI that studies interactions using natural language between humans and machines. This component helps to analyse the sentiment of the content a user is viewing and determine which ads might work best based on the user's past browsing behaviour, predicting how the user is most likely to respond. It also ensures that the ad is shown on relevant websites, protecting brand image and preventing it from appearing in an inappropriate context.
On RTBMind you can create your programmatic ad campaign, investing the amount you consider appropriate. Our platform allows both big and small businesses to enjoy all the RTB advantages.
Of course, if you need help or guidance, we're here to help.